Sunday, January 05, 2014

Holiday Recovery

Hello All,

Can we take a second to talk about how great the holidays were? They were so great.


http://hdwallfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Happy-New-Year-2014-Wallpaper-Image-Pics.jpg

Now, can we think about all the recovery that needs to be done after such splendid times? Unfortunately for me, I slept in A LOT, spent way too much on my credit card, didn't exactly eat well, enjoyed lazy days and did not work out (ever). So, let the recovery begin!


STEP 1: Fix the sleep cycle

If you are a smart person, you might consider altering the sleep cycle an hour at a time.

If you're like me, you'll wake up ridiculously early one day, hate yourself all day whist trying desperately not to nap (and potentially sneaking a short nap), having lots of caffeine and going to sleep at a normal person time. One day of this torture and you'll be a normal morning-hating person that is capable of functioning at 8am.


http://www.bubblews.com/assets/images/news/1771326713_1384571201.jpg

STEP 2: That credit card bill

Holidays can be a tough time on the credit card. I ended up going over my budget on Christmas gifts. Also, during exams I was too lazy to cook so there was a lot of eating at restaurants or ordering food.

Let's start with something really basic. Pay off the bill as soon as possible.

Additionally, consider re-evaluating your budget. If your bank account has taken a hit from the holidays stop spending. It's much easier said than done, but try only purchasing essential items until your bank account recovers. Between Christmas over-expenditure and my upcoming travel expenses, I need to limit my shopping. One of the easiest ways to save is to start making your own food and packing lunches or snacks (you'd be surprised how fast it can add up!).


http://cdn1.joshuakennon.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/credit-card-debt-accountability-act-bill-of-rights.jpg

STEP 3: Food

Holiday detox. Stop with the chocolate and cookies. Drink lots of water and eat healthy. Eating food you prepare yourself will also help with the credit card recovery. 

word: moderation.



STEP 4: Fitness

I need to get back into pilates. Or yoga. Even though I hate doing it at the beginning, at the end of the work out I really enjoy it and feel good. Not only is it good for your health, but it gives you down time to think and meditate. It also improves your focus and over time improves your energy levels.

Have you ever tried hot yoga? It feels a little bit like doing yoga in an oven. You will sweat buckets. But you will leave feeling like a goddess. (When I go to hot yoga I spend 60% of the time in savasana).


http://yogaworkflow.com/balance/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/yoga.jpg


Please share anything exciting about your holidays, any tips or thoughts you might have, or make requests for us to cover other topics!

Thoughtfully yours,
Addie



No comments:

Post a Comment