Sunday, January 26, 2014

C.C.'s Travel Make-Up Kit

As some of you may know I went on a little vacation this winter and I ended up in some trendy places that may require me to look at least presentable.

Well, at least I had to look good for the selfies I took! :)
(check out this one of me and the arc de triomphe!)



So... to keep my relatively natural looking face I had a bit of help with a few makeup products and tools I kept with me throughout my trip.

I was in Hong Kong Seoul and Paris which means that the climates were quite a bit different.  

Hong Kong was quite humid whereas Seoul was very much drier.

Anyway...


All of that being said, I brought all my make up in a nice little Kate Spade cosmetic bag (as shown below).
source: http://dailybeautyreviews.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/kate-spade1-300x239.jpg

I carried a few essentials:
FACE
- Foundation/BB Cream/Tinted Moisturizer (I used Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer as I raved about here)
- Blush (I used Benefit's Dandelion, see review here)
EYES
- Eyeshadow palette (I brought along with me UD's Naked Basics)
- Mascara (I used Diorshow Iconic Overcurl)
- Eyeliner (I brought along Stilla's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Black and a pink pencil, Benefit's Eye Bright, see my rave here)
- Eyebrow stuff (Anastasia's brow pencil in brunette and Benefit's gimmieBROW in medium/deep, more about that here)
LIPS
- lip balm
- lip stick (I brought a variety...so no point in quoting all of them)
TOOLS
- eyelash curler (I use the Shu Uemura one)
- foundation brush (I have a Sephora one)

So apparently I have a lot of products.

To summarize, I only used a few, so next time I'm going on vacation (a.k.a. Europe 2014) I know to only carry a few.

Here are things I used everyday.
- Tinted Moisturizer (and brush)
- Eyebrows
- Mascara (and curler)
- Pink Eyeliner
- Blush
- Lip balm (I bought the Nivea Fruity Shine in Strawberry while in HK and I thought they didn't have it in Canada but...surprise surprise they do... I loved it though)

So that's my travel beauty kit, if I have to pack light, I shall bring what I used everyday but I may switch out the eye bright with either a palette or a dual eye liner pencil or something of the sort, especially cause my trip will be longer.

Comment below if you have any tips or any suggestions or any questions!!

Thoughtfully yours,
C.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment