Saturday, December 28, 2013

Review: LUSH Solid Shampoo

For the past few months I have been testing LUSH's solid shampoos. Initially, I thought it would be a great product to take on travels because you don't have to worry about it leaking or contributing to the liquids in your carry-on bag. However, it has become more than a travel essential. It has managed to work its way into my regular routine.

The first one I tried is called Godiva. It is a 2-in-1 Jasmine shampoo and conditioning bar. I love the scent! It's light, fresh, and distinctly jasmine. Godiva left my hair very soft and shiny. Moreover, this product lasts forever because it requires very little to wash thick, medium length hair. I would highly recommend trying this out! 

Godiva
http://www.lush.ca/on/demandware.store/Sites-LushCA-Site/en_CA/Search-Show?q=solid%20shampoo

I also tested Trichomania. It's designed for dry and fluffy hair (anyone with curly hair will know). It has a nice light coconut scent, but I found it took longer to lather in my hair. Once you get it to lather, it leaves your hair shiny and clean feeling. Overall, it performed well but personally I prefer the jasmine scent and moisturising butters in Godiva.

Trichomania
http://www.lush.ca/on/demandware.store/Sites-LushCA-Site/en_CA/Search-Show?q=solid%20shampoo

In general I like using products from ethical companies (supporters of fair trade, against animal testing, for human rights, sustainable income or practices, solid causes, etc.), and products made with as many natural ingredients as possible. Doing good is good for everyone. This makes companies like LUSH and the Body Shop more attractive to me. 

What are your favourite beauty products? Do you have any products that are especially great for travel? I would love to hear from you!

Thoughtfully yours,
Addie

No comments:

Post a Comment