1. Always have interview clothes. You never know when you'll get a call.
2. Keep your resume up to date.
3. Have a good template cover letter to work from.
4. Research companies before interviews
5. If you have questions, ask them.
6. Do not overcomplicate things.
7. Pace yourself and give quality work.
8. Be confident in your abilities.
9. Help others if you can.
10. Keep a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
11. It's only awkward if you make it awkward.
12. People that waste your time do not value you.
13. It's okay to be antisocial sometimes.
14. Do not do anything you are not okay with.
15. People change, and that's fine.
16. Say no to invitations you're not interested in. It makes things easier for you and the other party involved.
17. Do not over-commit yourself.
18. People get busy.
19. Not everyone gives good advice.
20. If someone doesn't understand "no", repeat until they understand.
21. Maintain a study schedule from the beginning.
22. Balance school and other life things.
23. The best solution to being overwhelmed is to get started.
24. Know when to stop editing/reviewing.
25. Get to know your instructors.
26. Double check assignments before you submit.
27. Check assignments after they are returned to you. Everyone (even instructors) makes mistakes.
28. If you need clarification, ask.
29. Keep a centralized list of deadlines and important dates.
30. Keep calm. Develop a routine to relax before an exam to ensure you are accessing long term memory and performing to the best of your ability.
31. Get a good rest before important tests and exams.
32. If you have a problem, see the doctor right away.
33. The internet is not a doctor. ***The internet easily scares me into thinking I am dying of 12 types of tumours and diseases.
34. Do not forget to take medication
35. Mental health is very important. Caring for yourself in all aspects will benefit you in many ways.
36. Stress kills brain cells.
37. Exercise reduces stress and can help you focus. ** try a quick work out before studying.
38. If you do not feel ready, do not push yourself.
39. Sometimes you need to sleep all day.
40. Eating needs to be done, so make time. If I can do it, so can you.
42. I enjoy pilates.
43. Animal behaviour studies might be a thing in my future...new love.
44. I need to figure out my life.
45. Alone time is important. You need to keep yourself happy.
46. Waiting until you run out of clothes to do laundry results in pajama days.
47. Write a little every day. It clears your mind and makes it easier to write cold.
49. Tough love is necessary.
50. If you feel like you always do what people expect, you owe it to yourself to figure out what you want from yourself.