Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November Favourites


My car from the same November snowstorm as Addie's. To remove snow. Make a snow angel on car.

I can't believe it but it's almost December already, which means... EXAM TIME (and CHRISTMAS... duhhh.) Click here to see what to wear for exam season.

Here are a few of my favourites this month and why!


SkincareShu Uemura Fresh Pore Clarifying Gentle Cleansing Oil
source: http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod12/dw/image/v2/AAFM_PRD/on/demandware.static/Sites-ShuUemura_CA-Site/Sites-shuuemura-master-catalog/default/v1385157766512/NPKG_CO_FRESH_450.png?sw=288&sh=320

It is SO important to clean your face after wearing makeup, even sunscreen.  I used to do it all with a make up removing cleanser but then I started feeling the need to clean twice.  Also something that didn't remove too much moisture when I wanted my make up off from an event but wasn't ready to hit the hay (sleep) yet.  (note: I have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin)

It's super easy, you just pump 1-2 pumps on a dry hand and rub the oil on your face.  It melts off the make up from your face (I even use it for my mascara and it doesn't seem to irritate my eyes, but don't quote me on that...) I find that it really is pore clarifying because I find that the little balls of sebum (sound's gross but so cool) seem to rub off sometimes when I'm using this cleanser.  After that I wet my hands with some water and rub it on my face to emulsify the oil and then splash it all off.  It does not seem to dry out my skin but all my make up seems to be gone! :)

If I am not washing my face again because I am going to bed I would just moisturize and I'm done.  I think it's important to not over wash your face (max 2 times) but when I do this it means I wash my face 3 times a day so it is important that you put that moisture back on your face and put on sunscreen to protect it too!


Makeup: Benefit's Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep
source: http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/medias/sys_master/8802078457886.jpg
I have very sparse brows... They are also super light.  Gimme Brow is my go-to on-the-go brow product.  If I am running super low on time I just put on two quick swipes of this on my brows to fill them in, add some tint, and set them in place.  ALL IN ONE PRODUCT (no wonder it won allure's best of beauty).

This honestly lasts me the whole day and it is true that brows frame your face.  I LOVE IT WHEN MY EYEBROWS ARE FRESHLY DONE... but it's always so hard to maintain.

Do you have any tips?

Book Nails: Essie's Where's My Chauffeur

Haha... none of the books this month.  Where's my Chauffeur is a beautiful turquoise colour.  I think it slowly replacing my Turquoise & Caicos... okay maybe not because they are a bit different but this is definitely a new favourite!  

P.S. Look at my lovely cuticles (well better because of this)

Clothing Item: Lululemon Brushed Wunder Under Pant
source: http://search.lululemon.com/thumb.php?f=http://images.lululemon.com/is/image/lululemon/LW5B78S_0001_1?$pd_main$&s=223
Okay.  Well... I know there is the whole controversy of Lululemon etc. but these pants have lasted me for at over 4 years.  They are brushed on the inside so they are super soft and keep me super warm.  I didn't have any problems with the see-throughness of them before.. but I bought a new pair this year and we'll see how that goes.

I absolutely love these and I wear them almost all the time (check out our fashion posts that we wear them for here)

Quote: Proverbs 31:25

She is clothed with strength and dignity; She can laugh at the days to come. Proverbs 31:25.


Food: Frozen Assorted Fried Fishballs
source: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3687/9270574833_1ac29dc4a3.jpg
Okay.  THIS IS JUST AMAZING.  I throw this in some broth and eat it with udon.  Make a laksa soup base and throw that in there.  Make some daikon soup, throw this in there. Boil some water and throw some of this in it... eat with rice and soy sauce.  THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER.

Sometimes as 20 somethings especially living alone (#foreveralone) I find myself making quick and easy meals for one or two people and this is definitely the way to go!

These are delicious and gives you a variety of options! What is there not to love :) Try them! (I actually used the exact same ones in this picture)


Well that's it, I hope you enjoyed my favourites and I hope they become your DECEMBER favourites or one of your many favourites in the future!

Let me know if you have any favourites or anything that I should try!!?

Thoughtfully yours,
C.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment